Personal Trainer – Cooking March 30, 2010Posted by huymix in Food, Videogames.
Tags: Apple Crumble, baking, Brownies, cooking, Nintendo, Nintendo DS, Personal trainer: cooking, Sticky Toffee Pudding
1 comment so far
- The recipes are actually pretty good. I’ve made brownies, apple crumble and sticky toffee pudding based on the recipe in Personal Trainer: Cooking and they all turned out pretty good.
- It has recipes, step-by-step instructions, videos, shopping lists and calculator all in one. Anything you would need to know about a particular recipe is contained in the software.
- It’s funny to reference the recipe to a game. So I’ve given out tons of food based on the software and it’s always fun to say I got the recipe from my DS.
I used Personal Trainer: Cooking to help get me more comfortable in the kitchen and it has really helped out. Normally, recipes do not go into such detail so it’s nice for a novice like me.
Punch Out!! (Wii) May 28, 2009Posted by huymix in Games.
Tags: Aran Ryan, Glass Joe, King Hippo, Little Mac, Mike Tyson, Mr. Dream, NES, Nintendo, Nintendo Entertainment System, Piston Honda, Piston Hondo, Punch-Out, SNES, Soda Poplinski, Super Nintendo, Virtual Console, Wii
This review will seem very confusing. I got a chance to play the new Punch-Out!! this past weekend at a friend’s place and it was awesome. Incredibly fun, vivid, and was overall a great experience. Punch-Out!! is an F- because:
- It’s a terrible value. This is perhaps the single greatest determinant of the review. I’m sorry but for $60 and only 13 fighters + 1 secret fighter is really too much for me. I’ve always said that I only have a Plus/Minus system because the choice to do or buy something is really binary anyways. I can’t recommend paying retail.
- Nintendo games tend to not go on sale ever. It’s very unlikely it will drop in price to a more reasonable level. Excite Truck seemed to keep it’s full price for years after its release! Freaking Excite Truck (even on E-bay it’s still like $40).
- If you want Punch-Out on Wii, I recommend the Virtual Console downloads of both the original and Super Punch-Out. It’s a much cheaper option and offers a much greater variety of fighters.
I really had an awesome time playing Punch-Out!! I can’t say enough great things about it. All I can really say is that if price were no issue Punch-Out!! (Wii) would be an F+ hands down.