Tae K. Kim April 6, 2010Posted by huymix in Internet Site, Videogames.
Tags: Gamepro, Gamepro.com, reviewer editor, Tae K. Kim, TKK, videogame reviewer
add a comment
Tae K. Kim is the reviews editor over at Gamepro. If you have read my Monthly Thinkering on Video game reviews, than you might very well guess that he is the inspiration for the entire post.
I’m sorry I don’t really have much more to say about him. I think he’s probably an alright guy but I have no way of knowing and I’m sure he plays tons of games. His reviews just plain suck.
My advice is, read one or two of his reviews and ask yourself:
- Did he get to the point?
- Was he repetitive? (beating the same point over and over again)
- Were his points relevant to you?
TED: Ideas Worth Spreading April 1, 2010Posted by huymix in Electronics, Internet Site, Science, Television.
Tags: Ideas worth Spreading, TED conference
add a comment
The TED Conferences are generally held in the UK, but have been branching out to other countries (India in particular) and have been talking about specific fields (in particular, medical otherwise known as TED MED).The organization is a non-profit and most of the material is available online. You should keep your eye on TED regularly because:
- The guests they have are generally pretty interesting. They talk about things that range from eye care in India to wireless electricity.
- The site has new videos everyday. If you ever said, “I want to learn 1 new thing everyday”, then the TED site is perfect for you to do exactly that.
- Admission to the site is free, to attend it is way too expensive. So, these videos is a way to gain access to discussion that would not normally be allowed even 10 years ago due to technical achievements.
As long as you’re interested in new ideas and thought provoking discussion, I can thoroughly recommend watching and keeping tabs on the TED site.
A Life Well Wasted March 18, 2010Posted by huymix in Internet Site, Videogames.
Tags: 1up.com, A Life Well Wasted, Death of EGM, Help, Olly Moss, Robert Ashley, Why Game
add a comment
A Life Well Wasted is “An Internet Radio Show About Videogames and the People Who Love Them” made by Robert Ashley (that’s what written above so really I just wasted your time and mine writing all of that). Anyways, even if you haven’t played videogames in a long while you should check out his site because:
- The podcast. This is the main reason to visit his site. Unlike any other podcast on games, Robert’s podcast focuses on unfamiliar aspects to games and in particular the people. Oftentimes, videogame discussion can be dry as heck (perhaps explaining the popularity of the Angry Video Game Nerd and Zero Punctuation) and stories about people are much more interesting. His podcast is about the people with a videogame backdrop.
- Posters. He has available custom posters that relate to each podcast done by Olly Moss that are unique and pretty cool. I have the “Why Game” Poster that is in this post hanging in my den.
That’s about it. Normally, I like to have 3 reasons but you don’t really need more than the podcast is excellent. So, go check it out. Dooo it.
27b/6 March 16, 2010Posted by huymix in Internet Site.
Tags: 27b/6, 27bslash6, 7 legged spider, Blockbuster, David Thorne, The Internet is a Playground
add a comment
This week on the Snuhzone, I’ll be looking at some niche websites that you should check out. Today is an Australian website (at least I think it’s Australian) called 27b/6. Here’s why you should check the link:
- The stories in each are hilarious. I think they are hilarious if you’re less uptight. Uptight people need not apply.
- Relatable but not really. So what I mean is that I can relate to the motivations behind each story (desire to point out the useless and mess with things in general) but the outcome and method are totally out there.
- Variety. No two entries are similar. While you can tell they are all from the same guy, each entry is much different than the last. This variety can create some big misses and big hits.
David Thorne compiled a book called “The Internet is a Playground” which is a hardcopy of his entries. I did buy his book but gave it as a present. If you don’t end up buying any of his stuff, at least give his site a couple of clicks, it’s well worth the page views.