TED: Ideas Worth Spreading April 1, 2010Posted by huymix in Electronics, Internet Site, Science, Television.
Tags: Ideas worth Spreading, TED conference
add a comment
The TED Conferences are generally held in the UK, but have been branching out to other countries (India in particular) and have been talking about specific fields (in particular, medical otherwise known as TED MED).The organization is a non-profit and most of the material is available online. You should keep your eye on TED regularly because:
- The guests they have are generally pretty interesting. They talk about things that range from eye care in India to wireless electricity.
- The site has new videos everyday. If you ever said, “I want to learn 1 new thing everyday”, then the TED site is perfect for you to do exactly that.
- Admission to the site is free, to attend it is way too expensive. So, these videos is a way to gain access to discussion that would not normally be allowed even 10 years ago due to technical achievements.
As long as you’re interested in new ideas and thought provoking discussion, I can thoroughly recommend watching and keeping tabs on the TED site.
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia May 5, 2009Posted by crarence in Electronics, Videogames.
Tags: Albus, Belmont, Castlevania, Dracula, Order of Ecclesia, Shanoa
add a comment
I just recently finished this game for the DS. It’s rare for me to feel like I got my money’s worth after beating a video game, but I definitely got that feeling here. Aside from decent graphics and catchy music, the games was cool because:
- The game is long without feeling like a grind. It took me about 10 hours to beat the game…then it unlocked “Hard” mode (really? the game can get harder?) and “Albus” mode (playing the game as an alternate character.)
- The game is tough! Certain bosses took me 4-5 tries to beat. I’ll also admit that I couldn’t beat other bosses without doing some research online. And Dracula was super hard…I’m proud to say I beat him without any help or guides – but it probably took at least an hour and more likely 2. That relentless bat attack was brutal.
- The game is huuuuuge. I was browsing youtube for other people’s tactics vs Dracula, and I discovered that I had missed so many other weapons! Skimming the guides I also found out I had missed some of the top end equipment. And I knew that I hadn’t finished all the side quests the villagers had sent me
For old school Castlevania fans they had a lot of old enemies, features, and weapons, which was a nice touch. Personnaly, I can’t wait to get back and try the different modes and hunt down the last items. So if you’re looking for a great action DS game, I heartily reccomend Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.
Sony Walkman NWZ-S639F April 17, 2009Posted by huymix in Electronics.
Tags: Apple, Flash Media player, iPod, Mac, Sony, Walkman
add a comment
This is a pretty darn good option for a flash media player, I have the 16 gig version. There are definitely flaws but overall, this Walkman is an F+ because:
- 16 gigs at the price I paid is pretty good for a flash-based player (I paid 169 + tax). 16 gigs is the sweet spot for me, I don’t need more and I wouldn’t want any less.
- The headphones it comes with are very nice. When listening to podcasts I can hear so much more clearly it borders on eerie.
- It’s not an iPod. I know a lot of you love your iPod and/Macs. Something about that company I just don’t like. The way Mac fans may feel about Microsoft is the way I feel about Apple. So the fact its not an Apple product gives it bonus points for me.
There’s a bunch more to like about the Walkman. So even though you may disagree with my reasons (particularly my 3rd reason) this is an mp3 player you definitely need to consider as a more than viable option.
Archos 605 February 11, 2009Posted by huymix in Electronics.
Tags: Archos, Media Player
Archos 605 WiFi
I actually own this Portable Media Player (PMP) based on some overblown reviews (ahem CNet!). Avoid this PMP because:
- Proprietary cable… you lose this thing and you’re screwed.
- Unresponsive OS, it takes just too long to load music/video.